Every year, about 1/3 of the teachers at my school participate in our annual faculty dance. It started about 10 years ago in an effort to "spice" up our Winter Assembly. It's become one of the students' favorite days of the year. Way back when, there were about 15 teachers in a 5 minute dance. Since then, it's evolved into 42 teachers learning 12 minutes worth of choreography. We practice about 6 times after school, and then just wing it. We usually go by the decades...70's, 80's, 90's, and this year was current "high-schooler" music. Our outfits reflect each era. If you want to see our excellent skills and rhythm (some a little better than others), click
here. My dance partner was Jesse...good friend and fellow science teacher. His wife did the filming so we caught most of the camera time. Enjoy!
7 comments:
C-
You've got moves, girl! You have the coolest high school teachers ever at your school! :)
-Kristi
Shane Sparks would be so proud!!! And Mia Michaels might even shed a tear for you! :)
it sad when we dance the same...or its totally awesome. find me a job so i can do this!
WOW Shake it like a polaroid Picture Cara. This is hilarious! I love the Too late to appologize. Man Jesse got it rough. Don't mess with Cara. Next wedding i better see you bust this routine out.
Got to watch part of it, you guys looked great! I do miss the dance part so if you ever need a "special guest", you can bring me back! It was good to see you and the kids the other day!
Cara- if I was a dude and Wes didn't already marry you, I'd be all over that! Good job hot stuff. I don't think I've ever seen you in short shorts and high boots before, so that was a highlight! I'm so proud of your moves.
I loved Jesse's high flying leap frog in the High School musical part... you guys were definitely one of the better couples.... or were you the only couple in this version. Well done, kids loved it... and I bet our students would love it too... maybe next year!
Post a Comment