Saturday, February 18, 2012

"Our" 2nd Grade Valentine's Day Party.

Between the Science Fair, carpooling, and volunteering in Payton's class, I think we have been at Twain Elementary almost every day for the past two weeks! And Valentine's Day was no exception. The room parents planned an elaborate "Minute To Win It" Valentine's Day Party for all the 2nd graders. Thankfully, my part time schedule allowed us to join in the fun at 2:30 Tuesday afternoon.

There were games set up at all the different tables, and each group of students got to rotate around and play each one. They LOVED it (and so did Landon and Brady!)
Junk In The Trunk. Shake, wiggle, and jiggle until the ping pong balls come out of the kleenex box!
Balloon Bounce...Keep that red balloon up in the air however you can! (Landon made his own rules and just decided to keep the red balloon :))
Cookie Face. Move an Oreo from your forehead to your mouth without using your hands.
M&M Sort. Sort a cup full of m&m's by color.
And Making Mummies. Wrap up your partner with toilet paper as fast as you can!

Payton wrapped Lauren first...
And then Lauren worked on Payton. They must have had just the right combination of unwrapping and spinning, because this is what Payton looked like after a minute! The kids thought it was hilarious :)
After all the games, it was time for the food! There were two chocolate fountains and a TON of things to dip in the gooey mess...bananas, oreos, pretzels, strawberries, and of course, marshmallows!
Grace and Payton.After the party, I was helping clean up. I looked around and couldn't find Landon. When I finally did, this is what he was doing underneath a desk...smart and sneaky little monkey!
The party was wonderful, and I am so thankful for such a creative, caring, and safe place for Payton to go to school.

Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

Sweet Home Colorado said...

Looks like SOOOO much fun for the kids! Wonder what the teacher thought of it though! Ha! I think if it were in my classroom I would have gone crazy! But it's all about the kids right?! Ha! Looks like P.R. has a great school!