Now that the main floor is almost done, it's time to start entertaining! I saw this idea on a blog a while back and thought it sounded like great fun. So, last Friday night, I hosted a Favorite Things Party for a few of my girlfriends. Here is the invitation:
So, at 7:00 we let the dads take the kiddos to Chuck E. Cheese. Well, all except for baby Henry. He hung with the ladies. Here are Lindsday, Jenn (who just had Henry a few weeks ago!), Julie, and Trish.
And Dana, myself, and Jen. The three of us were pretty great friends in high school. It's fun to still hang out!
I asked the ladies to bring a favorite app or dessert, so we had quite a spread...
I tried to make a few mixed drinks...that's usually Wes's job. I found this recipe for grapefruit margaritas on Pinterest. SUPER sour. So, I decided to add a wedge of brownie to sweeten it up :)
After we sufficiently stuffed our faces, it was time for gifts. Some people brought three different things, some brought three of the same--gift cards to favorite restaurants, tumbler cups with drinks inside, hand lotions, cooler bags/purses, fresh flowers, lip gloss, wine, a tea pot and mug, and a spoon rest to "encourage" the men to keep kitchens clean!
We drew numbers at the start of three different rounds, and each lady got to pick three different items to take home with them. I went with a tumbler, fresh flowers, and some Burt's Bees Wax Chapsticks. Nice!
We had a great time, got some great gifts, and really enjoyed the evening. I LOVED this idea and can't wait to do it again with a few other groups of friends!

2 comments:
Yes! Tons of fun, as usual! Looking forward to our next "Sippin' Sisters" night! I think that we talked about patio sitting, margaritas, and a movie!
What a fun night....looking forward to doing the next one with you!
Post a Comment