Sunday, August 19, 2012

Go Broncos!

I'm VERY behind in blogging because school and volleyball are in full swing, so I will try to catch up as quickly as I can...

A few weekends back, a whole crew of us decided to go down to Invesco Field to watch the free Broncos Scrimmage.  We did this two years ago, along with 20,000 other people, to watch Tim Tebow and Brady Quinn.  Well, since then, the Broncos have gotten rid of both Tim Tebow and Brady Quinn and signed a little quarterback known as Peyton Manning.  Let's just say that Denver is a little excited.  So, this time around, we were joined by 40,000 other people.  Wow.

We headed down an hour or two early for some tailgating.
The kids enjoyed the food.

Jude has got the Manning fever.

The ladies.







And then it was time to head in to the stadium.  We decided to wait out the crowds and headed in a little late.  You can see Peyton Manning on the Jumbo Tron.  We could hear the ROAR of the crowd as he entered the stadium.
Jayne (who is no longer pregnant!) was having major contractions every time she walked too much.  I saw this golf cart guy nearby and asked him if he would mind giving her a ride.  He obliged, and let Payton and Brady jump on as well.  They thought they were so cool!

Because we were late, we had to go all the way to the upper deck.  But, it was actually  nice because we went to the shady side where it wasn't quite so hot.
Just a few people came out to see a free scrimmage.
Brady decided he wanted to sit in the very top row.  I wonder what he and Wes were talking about.








We had a great time.  It was fun to have people from all different groups come together and hang out.  
Can't wait to do it again next year!

1 comment:

Trish said...

I didn't think that we were going to even make it into the parking lot, but I was happy that we did! Thanks for asking us to come along this year! We will look forward to next year!