The next morning, everything changed. Wes went downstairs to get the kids breakfast and I heard a "BABE!" errupt from his mouth. As I inquired further, I got a "your not going to be happy about this," and other statements of shock and horror. Lodged in to the upper corner of the LCD screen of my new camera was the ONE metal bb that had been shot in the house. I cannot even begin to caluclate the chances of shooting a bb at someone's thigh, missing, and sending that stupid metal ball in to my camera sitting on the counter five feet away. I also cannot imagine what the guys at the Canon Repair Shop thought when they opened a box with a camera shot by a bb gun inside.
Needless to say, we got the camera repaired and it arrived back into my loving arms a week or two ago. A few final thoughts...1) Wes and I are still happily married :). 2) I had no intention of sharing this story with anyone. It was an accident and Wes felt horrible. He, however, confessed to everyone he knew within an hour of "the incident." As a result, I decided it was fair game to blog about. Lastly (3), I WISH that I had taken a picture of my camera shot by a bb gun (the bb was still lodged in the corner when we sent it off in the mail). I was just a little sensitve about the destruction of my birthday present when it happened, so I didn't think to snap a photo. I guess I'll just leave it up to your imagination...
2 comments:
That IS a classic story... glad you got your camera back :)! And, yes, "Rope", my brother's dog was wearing a life jacket so he coulc swim further and longer! Good luck on first day of school!
Lucky you have such a patient wife Wesley.... I would still be in the dog house for that one...
Post a Comment