Tuesday, February 17, 2009

And So It Begins...

As some of you already know, Payton and Brady love naked time. What is naked time you might ask? Those 5-10 minutes each night just after the clothes come off and just before the pajamas go on. I suppose it's probably refreshing to be free of that big bulky diaper, even just for a moment.

Yesterday morning, I was getting Brady dressed for the day. As is customary, he took off running once I had taken his pajamas off. Yelling of course, "naked, naked." I ran downstairs to get something and heard Brady heading into the bathroom. Sure that he was messing with the toilet, toothpaste, or some other messy thing, I quickly came back up to check on him.

There he was, one foot on each side of the toilet seat, squatting down, having just pee'd in the potty for the first time! He climbed up on the seat, turned around, and not knowing what else to do, squatted down and took care of business. I think we might have a prodigy on our hands :).

Needless to say, when I called Wes to tell him about his son's achievements, he was very proud. We promptly went out last night and bought Brady his first pair of glow-in-the-dark Transformer big boy underwear.

As you can tell by the look on his face, Brady wasn't so sure about the whole thing. We sat him on the potty several more times and were unsuccessful. About an hour later, Brady christened his new undies. Oh well, at least it's a start...

3 comments:

Sweet Home Colorado said...

Yay! Go Brady!

Brad Jansen said...

I love it. Man we miss you all

Anonymous said...

A prodigy indeed. You gotta wonder what goes through these kids heads. Rylan still plays with his potty like it's a toy, so I don't think we're quite there yet!

Gwen