Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Volleyballs, Dirty Diapers, and Charades...

On Sunday evening, my volleyball players and their moms hosted a baby shower in my honor. It was truly one of the first times, other than remodeling the nursery, that I have gotten to sit down, relax, and celebrate the upcoming addition to our family.
Everything was awesome. We started with a delicious dinner...the weather was still warm enough to eat outside. Man, do my players look different when they're all dolled up!
The other half of the team, or should I say, the trouble-makers. All drinking sparkling apple cider and lemonade. I'm actually so thankful that this is their version of living dangerously!
After dinner, the girls played some baby shower games. This was my favorite part. I got to sit on the couch and snap pictures. They got to demonstrate their knowledge of all things pregnancy.

Game 1: Charades. I'll let you see if you can figure out which words the girls are acting out. Answers to follow.
The Answers. Pic 1: Contraction, Pic 2: Epidural, and Pic 3: First Steps. I kept it G rated and left out Water Breaking, Breast Feeding, and Pregnancy Test :)

Game 2: Guess which candy bar is melted in each diaper. A baby shower classic, but even better when played by high school girls!

Game 3: Chug the bottle full of Ginger Ale. Again, SO much better as a spectator/photographer!

The girls were also asked to write "words of wisdom from a varsity warrior". These were so cool, so I thought I'd share a few of the things the girls wrote:

"Don't pull your sister's tail..."

"I may or may not have accidentally hit you with a volleyball while still in the womb. Sorry!"

"Always respect girls (including your mom)"

"Always listen to your mom because she might make you run stairs if you don't."

"When I was a kid, I did a lot of things to get myself in trouble..learn from my mistakes...don't color on the wall, don't carve your name into the antique table, and don't eat your mom's lipstick."

And to top it all off, the team and their parents spoiled us rotten with dinner gift cards, cute outfits, and must-have baby gear. It was a great night, and I am extremely grateful!

2 comments:

Sweet Home Colorado said...

So funny! We can't wait to celebrate Landon on Sunday as well!

Anonymous said...

That post made me smile all the way through. You are so blessed my friend. Those girls love their Coach Syers! See you Sunday!

Gwen