Every night, I dig through Payton's backpack to find homework, sign her planner, and take out whatever treasures she may have collected throughout the course of the day. (If you know Payton, there are ALWAYS treasures...rocks, stuffed animals, drawings, you name it!) Last week, I found a crinkled up half sheet of paper. I thought it was trash, but on second glance, saw that Payton was one of only 30 students out of everyone at Twain who had a piece of artwork chosen for a Youth Art Show!
SO, last Wednesday, we headed over to the Curtis Art Gallery to see the exhibit.


There was a ton of artwork from all over the city...Cherry Creek Schools, middle schools, even Arapahoe. Each school had 15-20 pieces covering one wall of the gallery. Payton, Oma, and Brady trying to find Payton's work!

Here is Payton's piece. It is a type of South American art. She drew this bird using nothing but her own creativity. Her art teacher, Mrs. Maxwell was there and she said she just loved the rosy cheeks Payton gave the bird!

What a masterpiece!

Great work Payton, you are becoming such a good artist!
3 comments:
Great Artwork Payton! (And I just love the comment about how she always has some sort of treasures...sounds a lot like a little boy who lives in my house! He ALWAYS has something "special" in his hands!)
Very cool!
She must take after you Cara! Congrats to Payton.
Peg
Post a Comment