Saturday, December 28, 2013

A Bake Exchange And So Much More

Abby, Jayne, and I hosted our 2nd Annual Cookie Exchange on December 16.  Even though this was only a few days after the tragedy at Arapahoe, I didn't want to cancel.  I felt like continuing on with our holiday events and being surrounded by friends was an important part of moving forward.  It was definitely the right decision.  To quote my friend Trish, "we turned to our friendships for a good laugh and a reminder of love, kindness, hope, and joy."

Dana, Lindsay, Trish, Jenn, Wintre, and Gwen.
Claire, Vivian, Jayne, and Katie.
 Liz, Becky, Sue, and my Mom.
 Sassy Kim, Abby, and Lindsay.
 One more of these cute girls.

 The spread.  Each lady bakes a double batch of their favorite cookies.  We round the table and take a few of each kind.  We all go home with an amazing spread of deliciousness!

 The hostesses.  We have all been through a lot lately, and it's been a true blessing to have each other as part of our support system.
It was a wonderful night.  I am so lucky to have such an amazing group of friends and family, and their support and friendship means so much.

2 comments:

Sweet Home Colorado said...

It was such a fun night! Thanks for lending your beautiful home for the evening!

Trish said...

I had to force myself to throw out all baked goods on the 1st of the year and this post makes me regret it...there is NO chocolate to be found now. Thanks for a fun night!