Sunday, April 4, 2010

Ra-Ra-Ra-Rainbow Unicorns!

Yesterday Payton competed in her very first soccer game ever. She is a member of the Rainbow Unicorns. When I found out the team name, I laughed out loud because there could not be a more fitting name for Payton's team (unless is was the cheetahs or something :)). Her team is a part of Littleton Soccer Club which is the same league that I played in growing up. She is playing on some of the same fields I played on twenty years ago! Payton and her five teammates had three, one hour practices leading up to the game. The play three on three with goals the size of hockey goals. She was very excited, and a little nervous in the days leading up to the game...
Warming Up...
Payton had a very large fan club. Opa, Uncle Markie, Uncle Bradley, Nolan, Heath, Dad, Mom, and Brady were all there to cheer her on. We even made signs!Payton, Haley, and Avery were the first subs. They did a great job cheering on their teammates!
Action Shots...
And Live Action Footage...

One of Payton's two favorite parts of the game. Half-time. They got to eat grapes as their snacks.
The Fan Club...Mike and Ikes made sitting and cheering ok.
Payton's second favorite part of the game...the post-game tunnel and snacks and juices boxes.
In the end, the Rainbow Unicorns were victorious. We're not supposed to keep score, but of course, we do. :) Can't wait until next week's game!

5 comments:

Sweet Home Colorado said...

Payton...you are just so grown up now!!! Playing soccer just like your mommy! You look so pretty!!! Love you girl!

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed P-ditty! She looks so athletic and grown up. A far cry from what Rylan's first soccer game looked like:) Great pictures!

Gwen

daddybruce said...

Way to go Payton... fun to be on the same field where we won the LSA championship with Cara's team just a "few" years ago. Can't wait to see Payton kick the ball after her "step/swing" kicking practice on Easter day.

Kim said...

I LOVE that they are the rainbow unicorns. It makes me giggle!

Payton, you're a pro already :)

Jeff and Steph said...

Oh my goodness... Avery would be soooo jealous if I told her your team name! She's on the Dragons. Not nearly as cool- although still somewhat magical!