I'm quite certain that Miss P started planning her 9th birthday party the day after she turned 8. She had several ideas...roller skating, sleepovers, snorkeling at the aquarium, you name it, she wanted to do it. As April turned in to May, Payton had her heart set on the idea of a party in our own backyard, a "jungle adventure" if you will. She had thrown out the idea of costumes, games, etc. I wasn't exactly sure I was prepared to go and buy monkey costumes for every guest, so we put our heads together and settled on a backyard trampoline/water adventure. And it was perfect. Payton invited 9 of her buddies and they all came dressed ready to get soaked. Wes and I planned some simple games...water relays, water balloon pop, shaving cream fights, etc...and the kids loved it. After an hour or two of games, we had some pizza, opened some presents, and ate some flower sprinkle cake (this year's cake request). Even though I was up baking cake at 10:30 the night before the party, it turned out really great. The kids had a blast just giggling, getting soaked, and hanging out together. Payton, what a great idea!
On Sunday after the "friend" party, we headed over to Grandma Inge's pool with the family. It was a wonderful sunny day, so the uncles, aunts, cousins, and grandparents all had a great time swimming, then we celebrated Payton with some more pizza, cake, and presents. What a lucky little momma to get two birthday parties in one week!
Payton Ruth, my little/getting bigger every day girl, I love you so incredibly much. Your creativity, persistance, and passion are what make you who you are. You make me giggle with things like your smiling camel face and your funny stories. You push me to my limits with your desperate need for friends and daily play dates. You are kind and caring with your special cards, great snuggles, and big hugs. You have made my life an adventure, daughter dear, and I'm lucky to be your mom. Happy Birthday P Diddy.
2 comments:
I can't believe you're gonna be double digits next year girl. Love you and happy birthday!
Aunt Gwen
What a fun birthday party she had! And we loved being able to celebrate with her too. You will laugh, but I actually got a little bit teary eyed watching this video! I can't believe how old she is! It seems like just yesterday we had our ears glued to your delivery room door, ready to welcome the first little baby into our family! And now she's 9!!! Crazy how time flies! And now she is such a beautiful, creative, loving little lady! Way to go Momma for raising such a great girl!
Post a Comment