Well, school and volleyball camp are officially over, so I can finally start to catch up on the last month or two of blogging, yeah! During April, I took a weekend class in order to renew my teaching license. As part of our homework, we were challenged to do something we had never done before. I decided to choose playing a round of golf. I have actually golfed before, but it's been about twelve years, so I figured that was long enough to call it new again. Plus, it would give Wes and I a chance to do something together.
So, a few weeks back, Nate, Trish, Wes, and I all headed over to the executive course in Highlands Ranch. It was a beautiful spring evening.
Trish teeing off. Trish is an excellent golfer and goes quite often with Nate.
Nate and Wes golf as much as they can together.
They were very patient with me taking phone pics (I had to document all of our fun!) and helping me with club choice, my swing, and all things golf.
I'm a lefty in hockey and golf, so I had to rent some clubs!
Wes and I are not very photogenic, so we didn't think this self-portrait was too bad.
I had a great time. It still took me eight or nine or ten strokes to get the ball in each hole, but it was really fun spending time with Wes doing something he really enjoys. I think if I went a few more times, I could really actually get into golf. But, we really can't afford for both of us to like the sport! :) Thanks Nate and Trish, for tagging along with us. And thanks, Tammy, for watching all FIVE of our kiddos for a few hours.
Let's do it again some time!
FORE!







1 comment:
You are FAR too modest Cara! We both know that it took me eight strokes and that you were a par golfer that day! We had a lot of fun. It's not cheap, but it's a lot of fun. Let's do it again sooner than later.
Post a Comment