Saturday, February 4, 2012

S-N-O-W.

Early last week, the weather forecasters started predicting a big storm on Friday. Most of the time, these predictions fizzle out and we only get an inch or two. This time, they were pretty much spot on. It started snowing late Thursday night, and most schools actually got cancelled then. What a treat to be able to turn off the alarm when I went to bed rather than hope for the 5:00 AM phone call!

It snowed all night Thursday, all day Friday, all night Friday, and FINALLY stopped snowing Saturday morning. I didn't get out and measure or anything, but I think we got close to two feet...

I shoveled on Friday afternoon while Wes as at work, and my shoulders are SORE! Yesterday morning, we got outside early for round two of shoveling and some fun.

This is the first time that Landon has been able to walk when it snowed, so we bundled him up and let him explore as well. We don't have any boots or snowpants for him, so his fun was short lived. But, he loved it!
When I brought the Lando-popsicle inside, he was so sad...he just wants to hang with his big bro and sis...
We get some huge icicles growing on our peaks.
After we finished shoveling, it was time to play! Wes plopped Landon right in the middle of a snow pile. I thought for sure he would cry, but he just grinned and threw snow around with his mittens.
Then it was big kid play time. Wes, Payton, and Brady worked for about an hour to carve out this tunnel. It runs from the top of our driveway to the bottom, at least 15-20 feet. They made it all the way through, but it got a little tight right in the middle. Just enough space for a head to poke through! Payton is smiling through the opening on the other side. Can you see her in the second pic?
The tunnel from the outside...
And of course, no snow day is complete without some snow diving!
What a fun family day!

1 comment:

Sweet Home Colorado said...

The pictures of Landon are adorable!!!