Sunday, February 26, 2012

XXXV-I

No, that is not the number of the next Superbowl. It is the age that Wesley turned this past Wednesday. The number just keeps getting higher and higher for both of us, (funny how that works!) so we will just keep it cryptic and write in roman numerals.

Sweet Ves-a-lee started the celebrating last week Saturday with my family at our house. Our crew just keeps growing and growing, so even with just our family and Grandma Inge, we're at 16! Add Jer, Lindsay, and Jude to the mix, and it's a wild and crazy bunch.

We had some drinks, appetizers, and then an awesome dinner--Winston's BBQ, salad, fruit, bread (thanks Mom & Dad!). Then we cozied up in the living room for cake and presents...

"Some" of the crew. Don't you like Co-Z's (Payton's new name for Cohen) smiling pose?
Uncle Mark & Co-Z having fun...
Grandma Inge & Baby Brooks
Payton & Her Daddy.
Oma & Opa.
Jeremy & Jude.
Cake Time! I made two bundt cakes...dark chocolate and red velvet.
And no party is complete without 27 kids helping blow out the candles!
(Oh, and Uncle Mark :))
After cake and presents, an impromptu dance party erupted in the kitchen. This is my dream come true. I don't exactly know why, but I think it's SO FUN to dance as a family. I guess because it's just uninhibited joy. Moms, dads, kids, and granparents enjoying each other and enjoying life.

Here's a little clip of the party...check out the boys and their break dancing! (Hopefully this is one of the last videos we will take in this old kitchen!)

Dance Party #1 led to Dance Party #2 with Just Dance 3 on the XBOX...

And, Wes's night was ultimately complete with the arrival of Tim just as everyone else was leaving. They played ping pong in the basement for an hour or so. I didn't get any pictures, but judging by their volume, and how sweaty they were when they were finshed, they had a great time.

Thanks everyone for a great night!

2 comments:

Dana said...

You finally got that dance party you have been wishing for!! See ya Saturday!

Sweet Home Colorado said...

We had fun celebrating Wes! Maybe one of these days we'll be able to get together without it being someone's birthday.