Monday, June 17, 2013

A Family Outing Somewhere Other Than Home Depot...

I'm not sure why, but our family runs A LOT of errands.  Home Depot, Sams Club, Kohls, Target, you name the store, we probably shop there for some reason or another.  This spring, we were very busy working on our yard.  (It looks really good at the moment, so I'll have to take some pics and do a before and after post of the outside sometime soon!)  Anyways, it was getting to the point where the employees at HD started addressing our children by name, so a few weeks back, we decided we needed to run zero errands and do something fun as a family.  We decided on the zoo.

I've said this before, but Wes and the kids love playing the "I See It First!" game at every animal exhibit.  Here they were looking for some snakes.
We saw all kinds of wild and exotic animals like this cape buffalo...
 ...but the highlight of the day was seeing all of the mother geese with their goslings wandering freely through the zoo.
 Lando and his daddy checking out the mountain goats.
 There they are!
 Payton's favorite?  Monkeys of course!
 One smiling monkey at the bottom of the picture, and one real monkey posing in the background.
 It's next to impossible to get all three kids smiling for a pic at the same time, so this one is pretty good!
 I can't even remember what this weird thing is called.
 Brady Boy.
 Checking out the bears.



 The great apes seemed to very tired on this particular day, but thankfully, they chose to rest right in front of the glass.  I'm not sure Landon could have gotten any closer.  They were checking each other out.
 They look so much like humans...



 Payton was afraid to cross the bridge where this peacock was standing.
 We told the kids we could pay a few dollars extra and go into the lorakeet adventure so they could feed the birds nectar by hand.  They loved it!




 Payton and her buddy Grace do this funny face called the smiling camel.  Here she is doing the "smiling camel" in front of the camels.  She is so goofy!
 And no zoo day is complete without some ice cream cones!

We ended up buying a zoo membership because it seemed most cost effective, so we are looking forward to more great zoo days this summer.

1 comment:

Trish said...

I LOVE the zoo and Nate does not! If you ever want some tag-alongs, let me know!